Sunday, March 1, 2015

10 Hours of No Daylight Jam!


     Hello everyone! If you've been reading my twitter, you should know that I've been participating in the 10 Hours of No Daylight game jam. I also screwed up my sleep schedule for it, but it was worth it. My entry, Box, is a 2D platformer with a small message. I might touch up the game in the post jam version, to make the message a bit more obvious. Anyways, the game was made in 6 or 7 hours with Unity. It's also my first Unity game on GameJolt! But I think the main purpose of this was to teach myself more about Unity; for example, I learned how easy it is to port Unity games to other operating systems. I better write about the other two entries also.


Get to the Trophy


     Get to the Trophy is a weird platformer-ish game, where you have to get to the trophy. If, that wasn't obvious enough... But instead of moving the character around by the keyboard, you click on the platforms to warp on top of them! A very simple game, but still entertaining.

http://jams.gamejolt.io/10hoursofnodaylight/games/get-the-trophy/51875


The Wild Fight

     This game reminds me of Insurgency for some reason... Okay, so The Wild Fight is a top-down shooter with arrow keys and mouse controls. A bit odd, I'd expect WASD controls. It's fairly simple to grasp, shoot the enemies, don't shoot your allies. Or co-workers, I think. It's also kinda funny in its own way.


http://jams.gamejolt.io/10hoursofnodaylight/games/the-wild-fight/51857

 

Box

    I better talk about Box, since there's only 3 games in this jam. Box, like I said, has a weird little meaning to it. Really, you can think of it however you want. Kinda an eye of the beholder thing. The game itself is just you, this person with a box on their head, walking from the start of the game to the end. With many silhouettes of people slowing you down. The game has many meanings, but that only adds to it.


http://jams.gamejolt.io/10hoursofnodaylight/games/box-jam-build/51910



     If you want in on the next 10 Hour of no Daylight jam, there's one happening soon! http://jams.gamejolt.io/10hoursofnodaylight2

1 comment:

Unknown said...

These games look pretty cool, especially Box and Get to the Trophy. I honestly think that you should continue work on GttT, because the idea is great, and can become a unique and fun game. I've gotta play these games later! -ErrorCode14(Tablet)