Friday, February 27, 2015

Devblog - Box!



     So I've been working on a small prototype to learn more about Unity and see how exporting and all that works. Since Helix has been talking about adding a platformer level to Cleanse, I also made this prototype thing a platformer. Since I'm new to Unity, I just used the built in 2D physics. (If you know of a good tutorial for pixel based physics or something, please tweet to me or comment on this post)


     Since I don't really know what to do next with Cleanse, I've decided to turn this here prototype into a game of sorts. Nothing big or anything, just a small platformer with one stage and a small message to go along with it. I'm not going to spoil what the message is, I'll just let the players decide what they think it is for themselves. The game, I'm calling it "Box", has no dialogue in it whatsoever. Just the main platformer mechanics that change depending on certain things happening around you.


Early shop. I am doing the art for this project, since I don't feel like waiting on Helix for it.



     That's about all I'm going to say about it right now. So yea, if any of you could help me with some information about good platformer tutorials or whatever, feel free to leave links to them in the comments. Anyways, I'm going to go see if Insurgency is any good. So yea, goobi.

No comments: