Sunday, February 22, 2015

I Recommend: Grow Home


     Hello and welcome to my first "review" of a game. Today I'm going to tell you all about Grow Home. Grow Home is a 3D physics(ish) game about growing a big plant into space. You play as B.U.D. (Botanical Utility Droid) and your main goal is to grow this plant called a Star Plant. The game is all about climbing up this thing while you grow it by leading its buds into star rocks.


   Grow Home is also about exploring the world and collecting data on the plant and animal life. There are no enemies or bosses for you to fight; it's purely just you, the plant, and the environment. The game looks really great with its low-poly stile. I personally think that the mechanics are great, climbing feels really good. If you play with a gamepad (like I did) you control BUD's two hands with the left and right triggers.


     Climbing does take some time, but it is fun to jump on the star plant's leaves to get a boost. Did I mention you can use a flower as a parachute? Or a dried up leaf as a hang glider? Yea, that's pretty fun. The only real problems I have with this game is that it's hard to climb up stuff while holding an object. If you try to do the game 100%, you'll be doing this a lot to move objects to a teleporter.



     Also, the game is really short. It only took me about two hours to beat! Even though it's a great game. But when I think about it rationally, it would get boring with multiple levels. So I guess that's not too bad. And it is nice that you can still explore and finish the data base after you beat the game. You can even jump onto the ship you came from and see some pictures of older versions of BUD!
BUD Jumping off a cliff, like an idiot.


I think that Grow Home deserves a 9/10. It's great in nearly every aspect, accept those two nit picks. You can buy it on Steam for $7.99. Here's the Steam page right here. I'm sorry if this was a little clunky, but this was my first game review. So take it for what it is.

No comments: