Saturday, December 12, 2015

Journey of Coins

     So Joe and I have finally come up with a name for our current project! That title is (of course) "Journey of Coins" It's a simple title, and gets the job done. The game is (technically) about going on a journey to find some coins, so this works well. In other news, I finished the game's opening cinematic. I have also decided the way each cutscene will look, and how it will be animated.
    
     Cutscenes will be made to look like they're drawn by a little kid with crayons. Why? Well, that is because I feel that the main character is a kid at heart. I mean, come on, he talks to coins and travels to a different dimension just to save them. Really it seems like he's imagining all of this. Also, all of the characters and objects won't have any real "animation" You can see that in this gif.

     Don't get me wrong though, the game itself looks a lot nicer than this cutscene. The scene has minimal animation due to the fact that animating this in Spriter would be a bit of a challenge. I won't get into the details of how I animated this, just know that it took a while.

     Finally, here's some screenshots of the game so far. These are taken from multiple sections in the first level. Note, levels are split up into different sections (like in Kirby games) to help with loading. The player animations are actually really detailed, compared to my past games, at least. I tried my hardest to implement animations that I didn't think were possible for me to pull off when I was younger. I was specifically thinking back to when I thought this had detailed animations. (Yes, I made this in Game Maker. It was ages ago.)



      Anyways, that's it for this post. Sorry for the lack of posts, I just feel like this blog doesn't get too much attention, so I don't update it as much as I should. Anyways, remember to follow me on Twitter for constant updates about this project. Bye bye.

No comments: